State Tax Credit Investments
Connecticut Historic Tax Credit Summary
- Applicable against the Connecticut corporate income tax, individual income tax and insurance premium tax.
- May offset 100% of a taxpayer’s liability.
- Excess credits carry forward for 4 years. No carryback.
- Credits are subject to a 3-year recapture period.
- Credits are allocable and transferable.
Connecticut Film Production Tax Credit Summary
- Corporate income and insurance premiums tax offset.
- Sunset date: None
- Credit must be utilized during year generated or anytime within the 5-Year carryforward period
- No recapture for the transferee.
- Certificated and transferable tax credit (three transfers allowed per credit)
- The following tax credit usage limitations apply:
- 50.01% for corporate income tax
- 55.00% for insurance premiums tax