State Tax Credit Investments
Georgia Low Income Housing Tax Credit Summary
- Applicable against income taxes of any taxpayer and insurance gross premiums taxes.
- May offset 100% of taxpayer’s liability.
- Excess credits carry forward for three years.
- Credits can be purchased in one to five year increments – though one year purchases typically make the most sense.
- Great for corporations or individuals subject to the AMT or regular income tax.
- One-third of credits subject to recapture though that is not an issue because taxpayer is invested in a diversified portfolio of these credits.
Interested in investing to create more affordable homes in Georgia?
Interested in monetizing your Georgia low income housing tax credits?
Georgia Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit Summary
- Applicable against the Georgia income tax liability of any individual, corporation or trust.
- May offset 100% of a taxpayer’s liability.
- Excess credits carry forward for ten years.
- Credits purchased in one year increments.
- Recapture is the responsibility of the developer and specifically stated in the statute.
- Credits can be used in the year they are purchased; the year they were created or any year in between to the extent it doesn’t surpass the 10 year carry-forward rule.
Interested in investing to preserve historic buildings in Georgia?
Interested in monetizing your Georgia historic tax credits?
Georgia Entertainment Tax Credit Summary
- Income tax offset
- Sunset date: None
- Credit must be utilized during year generated or anytime within the 5-Year carryforward period
- Transferable tax credit (one-time)
- No tax credit usage limitations
- Limited recapture applies for DOR voluntary reviewed tax credits
Interested in investing in film credits to boost Georgia’s economy?
Interested in monetizing and placing your Georgia film credits?