State Tax Credit Investments
Montana Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit Summary
• Applicable against the Montana corporate income tax and individual income tax.
• May offset 100% of a taxpayer’s liability.
• Excess credits carry forward 7 years. No carry back.
• No Recapture.
• Credits are allocable and transferable
Montana Film Tax Credit Summary
- Income tax offset.
- Sunset date: None
- Credit must be utilized during year generated or within the 5-Year carryforward period.
- Certificated and transferable tax credit (one-time per tax year).
- Transferee must acquire the credit for a minimum of 85% of its value.
- Transfer fees apply.
- No other tax credit usage limitations apply.