Mercedes Bovell is a Senior Associate, HTC & Fund Management Analyst for Monarch Private Capital. In this role, Mercedes assists the Historic Tax Credit team with acquisition/diligence, fund management and pipeline maintenance.
Prior to joining Monarch, Mercedes served as a Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst for The Aaron’s Company. There, she developed and maintained regular reports and deliverables and led the design and implementation of financial reporting dashboards, forecasting modules and excel models to streamline business. In addition, Mercedes has worked for Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business as a Graduate Research Assistant and at Schweitzer – Mauduit International in the Financial Reporting and Internal Audit departments.
Mercedes received an MS in finance from the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University after earning her BA in economics. She also earned a Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate from the Bloomberg for Education program and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Beppu, Japan.
Education & Professional Associations
- MS in Finance, J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University
- BA in Economics, Georgia State University
- Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate, Bloomberg for Education
- Magna Cum Laude, Asia Pacific Studies, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Beppu, Japan
- Turner School
- National Women's Hall of Fame
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Habitat for Humanity
- Spending time with family