Partner, Co-Founder & Co-CEO
George L. Strobel II
I’ve always really enjoyed working at Monarch. Not only do we help our investors achieve their financial and ESG goals, but we help to make the world and the country a better place! It’s something you can go home after work every night and feel proud about.
George Strobel is a Partner, Co-Founder & Co-CEO of the Monarch Private Capital, LLC. Monarch was founded in 2005 and serves as a fund manager for ESG investments focused around federal and state tax credit opportunities. Monarch makes tax credit equity investments in affordable housing, renewable energy and historic rehabilitation projects for the corporate and individual marketplace. Monarch is also the largest broker of film credits in the US. George is particularly proud of the impact Monarch’s tax credit equity investments have made on their resident communities.
George serves as a member of ACORE’s executive committee and as a member of Monarch’s ESG committee. Prior to launching Monarch Private Capital, George was a partner with the Memphis office of Arthur Andersen and was an Associate Director of the Arthur Andersen Center for Family Business. In addition, he was in charge of the Southeast Region of Arthur Andersen’s Private Client Services practice, which included Family Wealth Planning, Investment Advisory Services, Personal Financial Planning and Executive Financial Services. He also coordinated Arthur Andersen’s product development for the Private Client Service’s practice. He has a great deal of experience successfully combining business and personal goals of family entrepreneurs.
George is an avid tennis fan and enjoys traveling with his wife of 30 years, Jamie. He earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Davidson College, a master’s degree in accounting and tax and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Georgia. He is a Certified Public Accountant in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida. He is a registered Investment Advisor and a licensed Life Insurance Agent.
Education & Professional Associations
- JD & MAcc in Taxation, University of Georgia
- BA in Economics, Davidson College
- CPA in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida
- Registered Investment Advisor
- Licensed Life Insurance Agent
- NASD Series 2, 7, 24, 63, and 65 Licenses
- ACORE Executive Committee Member
Favorite ESG Projects
- National Women's Hall of Fame
- Turner School
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Giving Kitchen
- Habitat for Humanity
- Local Solar Energy
Perspectives & Insights
- Forbes Article: "Tax Equity And ESG Investing: The Best Of Both Worlds"
- Forbes Article: "Making Sense of ESG"
- Forbes Article: "ESG Scoring is Failing: Time for Improvement"
- Webinar: "Mitigating Tax Liability"
- Podcast: "Understanding When Tax Equity Investments Matter"
- Podcast: "Expanding the Use of Tax Credits"
- eBook: "Tax & Treasury"